January 20, 2011

some highlights

This is post #50 on Dan's Djibouti Journal. I'm shocked that I have been posting this regularly but thanks for reading so far.

 I saw another group of teenage girls fighting on the street, the girls had to be physically restrained by some men walking by. I have never seen teenage girls fight in the US in public but this is the 3rd one I've seen in Djibouti.

Rachel Jones baked me a loaf of homemade bread yesterday! The bread here is less than good and Rachel's bread is pretty amazing.

I started my 3rd French class this week at the Alliance Francais. I'm planning to take a certification exam in May or June in French so I want to take as many classes as possible before that.

I'm currently on a break from the university, i'm not sure when classes will begin again, what classes I will have, or what my schedule will be.

I decided to fast from watching movies & tv shows for awhile. I have a hard drive loaded with movies and tv shows and i feel like i've been wasting a lot of time watching them. So i gave the hard drive to a friend and now i'm trying to read more and play guitar more. so far so good

4 comments:

  1. can you add take more pictures to your list of things to do while not watching tv or movies please. I am just sayin......

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A real renaissance man. Proud of you Dan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tamara says she is on a movie fast this month too. Books and guitars are where it's at.

    Enjoy reading. Keep posting.

    Marty

    ReplyDelete